Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Barber Business

Labor cost has been always more expensive here in Italy. And so it affects the services sector. It is also true for haircut. It took me some time to adjust with the price of S$8-10 for haircut in Singapore. And now it is 13 euros at the lowest.

In December, I got scissors and with a friend cut each other hair. Didn't work so well. That makes me appreciate that hair pruning business is not so easy afterall. Now in May, I went to a proper Italian barber.

Went in Monday afternoon. The barber was closed. No sign whatsoever.

Went again Friday morning. It was open. As I approached the counter, the guy (who does not speak much English) start opening the appointment list. Not bad, so here people make appointments for haircut. I got to go back after 3 hours.

I only know the word 'taglio' to cut in Italian. So he showed me a photo album letting me choose the hairstyle I like. After half an hour, we were done. And now as summer approaches, my head sure feels less bulky.

No comments: