Sunday, September 10, 2006

From the Home of Pizza

In Trento, pizzerias(bar selling pizza) are everywhere. I have always thought that ordering pizza is simple, normally in pizza hut, you can just see the picture and choose what to order. But there is a problem now when the menu is in Italian. I don't really know much of Italian. The bar waiter does not speak english. Perfect.

Let's see, we have mozarella, pomodoro, salamino, prosciutto, tonno, gorgonzola, cipolla, melanzane, zucchine . . arrgh . . . The first time I saw the menu I was lost. Now is better, at least I would know which one has meat and which one is vegetarian. :p

Well, actually the pizzas are pretty decent. They are wide but the bread is very thin. And the cheese feels thick. No, I don't take pictures of the pizzas. I eat them.

This makes me want to learn Italian sooner. At least I won't be so lost when ordering food.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

u must learn italian faster in order to speak to italiano... ;) hey, Let me know which vegetarian pizza is the best then next time i can try in SG italian restaurant. :)

hve fun over there bro...

Regards,
Dino (AKA Diin, thats is my italian colleague used to call me)

Anonymous said...

Wow great.. soon you will be an Italian man :)
How is the small book (Learn Italian in 24 hours)??? hehe... I think you have to eat that book also (as a very thin 'pizza')... lol :) God always be with you, don't worry!

gtanuel said...

Ah.. how we often take language for granted, don't we? Don't worry, when the stomach cries, your vocabulary will grow faster :)

Fabulous blog you have here, and do keep the posts coming. Don't forget the pics. Btw your shots were good, I guess you're both natural photo taker and excellent writer :)

koala said...

Yeah axis, the guide was handy to express something in Italian, but most of the time they were just speaking too fast. Even when I manage to ask the right question, it is not easy to interpret the answer :S

koala said...

Yo Diin, sorry I don't normally take vegetarian stuff. I'd really prefer meat. But when I do take, I'll let you know.

koala said...

The photos here are some of the best I've taken. Some of the rest are really bad. Thanks GT, for the encouragement, I will keep the blog updated with more photos.