Friday, March 28, 2008

Thinking Forward

These days I am having lots of thought. As my studies are finishing, a question would pop up, 'what would you do afterwards?'. In my case I know what I want to do. I want to continue working in the Industry, in the IT sector. More significantly, I like software development due to its creative nature. And also consulting since it deals with people and problem solving.

Now that I received a job offer in that area, another question pop up. 'Do I really want to stay and work here?'. There is excitement mixed with fear now. Excited because it is something I think I would like, IT consultancy with prospects of overseas travel. Excited because the company seem enthusiastic and positive. Excited because the work culture here means less time spent for work as compared in Asia. But fear because I would need to start again from scratch in terms of making friends etc. Fear because I don't find it easy here to mix in in a place where there are not so many foreigner, let alone potential racism that may follow.

Probably it is safer for me to go back to Singapore and continue working there, but that's also a less adventurous option. I like to try and explore new things and paths. That's probably one reason for me going for the European Masters. Well anyway, let's see how the thoughts sink in this week.

3 comments:

Dafferianto Trinugroho said...

Congratulations for the job offer! If I were you, I'd definitely take it without thinking too much of going back to Asia (at least for several years to come) :D
Anyway, whatever your choice will be, good luck!

Beste Grüße,
Dafferianto

sheryl said...

and you didn't tell me when we were in trento :( the job sounds great. i'd join you if they'd also hire me then you'd at least have a friend. hehe. all the best!

koala said...

Thanks!

Well, I thought I didn't want to bring it up unless asked since some people are still struggling on other matters right now.

Unfortunately, the company I got the job from wouldn't apply for work permit, so UK degree is required in this case.