Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cooking Chronicles (1): Pork with Soy Sauce

These posts on cooking chronicles will talk about the experimental cooking I do throughout. I don't have much culinary skills though. Starting off, I have only done up to instant noodles.

First few cookings was about pasta. My first pasta was hard and requires effort to eat. So I learned, until I can cut the pasta in the pot, it should not be taken out.

Then continue with rice. Put all the inggredients ( rice, veggie, meat, salt) into the pot and see what came out of it. The result was pretty much edible. It was plain though. Sometimes I get proper rice, at other times I get porridge . .

After a few weeks, and I got the required sauce from the Thai shop, I proceed to try some real cooking. It was pork. Put the garlic and onion and fry them in oil. Then came the carrot and meat. Keep on frying. Add some salt, oyster sauce and sweet soya sauce. Then put egg.
So it became pork in soy sauce - babi masak kecap.

The taste was pretty decent. But its probably because of the pork. Should try some other meat soon.

No comments: